Thursday, January 19, 2012

Terrell Owens In Hell

In a GQ story by Nancy Hass, Terrell Owens blames the media for not giving him a chance to rehab his injury, blames agent Drew Rosenhaus for not protecting him from a bad business arrangement, and perhaps most surprisingly, blames a former team captain for his issues with former Philadelphia teammate Donovan McNabb. Owens tells GQ Trotter read through an apology written by the team's media relations staff, and arrived at the portion regarding McNabb, who threw for 357 yards, but was picked off three times. Owens claims Trotter ripped off the bottom portion of the page and told Owens he didn't owe McNabb a thing. "This is the team leader we're talking about," Owens tells GQ. "He told me not to do it." Trotter calls Owens' account inaccurate, telling the magazine he was the one insisting Owens apologize. He concedes his only mistake in calling McNabb out was one of timing, admitting "I might not have said or done things at exactly the right moment." "To say I regret anything would be a slap to my grandmother's face," Owens says, referring to the woman who raised him. Described in the GQ piece as a "caged cat" living in a spacious 1,800-square foot Los Angeles apartment, Owens remains on an island. He claims to be broke despite making at least $80 million during his playing days. He says he's never been diagnosed as clinically depressed but he's been "real down." "I don't have no friends, I don't want no friends," Owens says. "That's how I feel." Owens is convinced that it's not his talent that keeps teams from calling, but a reputation cast onto him by the reporters he often held hostage. "I think people change, but the media, they never allowed me to change," Owens says. "They never allowed me to be a better person." When people text him to ask where he is, he replies back, "I'm in hell." You can read the rest of the interview on GQ.com.

No comments: